Thursday, January 7, 2010

A New Year

It has been awhile since I last posted. I have definetly been neglecting my blog. I feel like I have been neglecting a lot lately, including myself. Given its a new year though, I decided that there is no better time than now to improve and set some resolutions! I know we are already a week into the new year, but I am still carefully laying out my plans on paper. It might seem a bit silly to some, but I am very detail oriented and if I dont write it all out, then it will never happen! I am starting off with listing out my main goals, and then writing out specific ways of accomplishing those goals. For example, one of my goals is to have more family time. Things I can do to make that happen is cutting down on internet and television, eating dinner at the dining table, game nights, going to the dog park more often, etc.


Another goal of mine is to return to college. I took time off from it because of my husband going into the Air Force and our subsequent move. Now that we are well established here though, I am eager to return! Only issue is paying for it. My mother is a disabled veteran and I recieved free tuition in California because of that, but I cannot get it in Washington. We are on a single income now, with no one to watch our son, so it puts me in a frustrating situation. However, I was used to being a full time student, but if I get my foot in the door with one class at a time then that is still better than nothing!


Anyway, that is just my little update! I still need to organize myself a bit more, and work on the most important resolutions first, then make some time for my blog. I am thinking though, that if I treat this blog somewhat like a public diary, then it will keep my honest and true to following through with my resolutions. We will see how it goes, but I have high hopes for 2010. I am hoping it will be 200% better than last year. Of course, hoping only goes so far. I need to work for it, and MAKE this year better than the last. For myself, my son, my family, and the world around me! Wish me luck, and I wish all you the best for this new year. I hope that it will be exactly what you want it to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!